lawnmower advice

Sorry for the late reply but I wanted everyone to know I had read their replies. Thanks.

I managed to fix the switch, the plastic innards of the dead man's handle had fallen out of alignment, so I am back mowing for now.

I will look to replace it in the near future. I was thinking of a Honda petrol mower but I notice that the cheaper models have a steel deck that reviewers say rusts. I have been encouraged by the posts here about Lithium powered mowers, so I will look into those when the time comes.

At previous houses, I have not had the problem with the cable. I think the problem is the position of the socket. In the diagram above, the socket is in a corner. That's the best position for it but here my socket is in the middle (of the edge). I guess the only way would be for me to cut from the middle of the lawn out.

Thanks again, Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

In message , Stephen writes

I bought one of the cheaper Honda petrol mowers a few (at least five) years ago, and must say I am delighted with it. Easy to start, and does exactly what it should do. No signs of rust yet. The only minus is the size of the collection bag which is not terribly large.

Reply to
News

One of my problems is that I don't mow the lawns regularly enough. I could quite fancy one of the robotic ones, but not at £1k a time. I reckon they should be coming down, though.

Reply to
newshound