Lawn-mowing heuristic

Well Ive got an acre and a half total, of which about 75% is grass..

Its been reduced a bit s part of it now is a 'wildflower meadow' and the pond isn't suitable for tractors..

I suppose I mow about 3/4 of an acre total regularly. Its a 2-4 hour job depending on how thick the growth is with a 42" ride on.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sit on mower! What a luxury. We've got a petrol push mower for a similar area. It takes nearly two days work every week in Summer for the wife to cut the grass. :-)

Reply to
David in Normandy

The message from The Natural Philosopher contains these words:

About the time it takes me to mow (and re-mow) my convoluted 1/3 on my

30" ride-on. Can't go up on width as there are a couple of squeezes I would have to avoid if I did. Until last autumn it would have been three squeezes but I have moved a field boundary fence back against the hedge so I don't need to mow between those two any more.
Reply to
Roger

That's nice for her, gets her out in the fresh air and away from the kitchen :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

well you can get a decent ride on for a grand and a half.

Over 5 years at say 26 weeks a year,thats around 1.5 woman days times 26 tmes 5..

I make that a daily rate of pay equivalent of £7.60 roughly..or a pound an hour..

Nice to see how much you value your wifes labour at.. ;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher