Lawn Mower Problem

Briggs & Stratton petrol engine.

The engine works fine for various lengths of time (up to 30mins) and then suddenly dies out. when this happens it sucks its own plunger in! (the plunger being the rubber device used to prime the motor before starting) As soon as the plunger is released the motor will restart! My original thought was that the air filter was blocked, however removing the filter has made no differance.

any ideas?

Reply to
Stuart

Blocked hole in petrol filler cap.

AJH

Reply to
sylva

Or blocked pickup tube, I think I prefer the blocked hole in filler gap though.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Ah yes!

Another good one is soil rammed up the exhaust pipe. Not that it fots the tsyptoms here of course.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I went to school with a lad who could actually do that! What a laugh we used to have in the library at lunch times getting people to bet sarnies, crisps, fruit etc. that he couldn't do it

John

Reply to
John

Filler cap is fine....I will check pick up tube!

Reply to
Stuart

Was he fat?

Reply to
Scott Mills

No, if he was his belly would have got in the way! He had a nice earner going on tho' with all the tucker he sold on.

Reply to
John