Lavatory woes

Page 2 of 2
Jerry Built wrote:

Can you increase it,

actuation of the lever (1 gallon flush) or holding down the lever (2 gallon flush)

a swept bend ready formed. It is all boxed in so difficult to check if a larger size would be admissible. Whilsty I might be able to bodge in a lerger pip into the back of the pan, I suspect that the outlet of the cistern will be designed for a single size pipe.

One other possibility comes to mind. The Pan outlet is horizontal and runs into a pipe also horizontal (2.5 degree fall actually) about 7 feet long before joining a conventional vertical stack. Normally, the pan would be much closer to the stack. So, does the effect of a 'plug' of water falling down the stack contribute to the flush by suction??
Thanks for the suggestions JB
The domestic authorities have ordered that the floor be tiled and the place decorated so I'll take out the bog and the bidet (posh footbath!!) and investigate. Someone else mentioned scale. We have very hard water so I'll get some acid to descale under the rim which may have some blocked jets hence the slight sideways bias during the flush.
I have also just timed a flush. It takes a full 20 seconds for a 2 gallon flush. Is this a long time? Perhaps we could have a survey amongst DIY groupers?? How long is your flush??
Regards
Bob
--
To Reply directly to my mailbox, change myisp to ntlworld

I'd never though of timing this, but out of idle curiosity, following your question, I did so. All toilets 2 gallon 1) pipe connected, 6-7 seconds(cheap)(syphon replaced) 2) Pipe connected, 6-7 seconds(cheap)(syphon replaced)( two stage flush) 3) Close coupled, 6-7 seconds (more expensive) 4) Close coupled, 10 seconds(most expensive!)
Regards Capitol
Capitol wrote in message ...

Thanks for taking the trouble to take the timings ( 4 bogs - that's posh for you!!) So my flush is typically 3 times as long. On the basis that the momentum is proportional to velocity squared, maybe I have a ninth of the flushing power??
Seems like this is the area forme to attack
Regards
Bob