laser levels

is it worth buying a cheap one (where from ?) or are they cheap enough to hire for 3 or 4 separate jobs spanning 12+ months ?
thanks
Les
Slightly OT - are these things dangerous. I have heard stories that these laser levels can burn out your eyeballs. True or myth?
Thanks,
J.

hire for 3 or

John Smith wrote:

Staring into the beam for more than a few seconds will cause permanent damage, same as staring at the sun, or at a halogen bulb at close range.
Poking your eyball with a pencil will also cause permanent damage. All those activities fall into the "best avoided" category.
--
Grunff

Unless you are going for a Darwin award.
http://www.darwinawards.com /
Suzanne

these
in2minds wrote:

I have just bought a cheapie but haven't used it yet. 15 quid from costco.
mrcheerful

Same as any level then as you check those by reversing also. Is there no adjustment?
--
*Two wrongs are only the beginning *

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 08:51:34 +0100, Dave Plowman

Nope.
--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/

Right. Be fine as a spark's tool, then.
--
*Xerox and Wurlitzer will merge to market reproductive organs.

hire for 3 or

I see Wickes are doing a kit for either 30 or 40, can't remember which.
Sean
if you have a look in the new argos catauloge they sell a rotating lazer that projects a line around the room for 39.00 i am a sparky and find it very useful

I bought one from Aldi last month for 19.95ukp don't know if you'd still be able to find one at one of their stores.... Aldi/Lidl are really good for cheap, occasional-use DIY tools.
Cheers, MArk
On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 19:50:25 +0100, "mr gadget"