Laser Level Kit

Page 2 of 2
Loads of laser levels on eBay, some go for silly (high) prices, some look reasonable until you see how much they want for postage. Maybe the odd bargian to be had if you're patient and can be bothered.
Somewhere in the UK there is obviously a footie pitch-sized warehouse packed to the roof with Far Eastern lasers, @ something like 1 each if you buy a crateload. http://tinyurl.com/tdf6
Seriously though, where DO these traders buy the stuff from?
W.
On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 22:02:08 +0000 (UTC), "Woodspoiler"

If you search around on the Internet you can find these things out usually. I've been watching the following clamps sell for 30+, plus postage, for the last few weeks:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item#57235778&category 781
Nearly bought one myself a little while ago :)
Now if you head over to Axminster:
http://www.axminster.co.uk/default.asp?part=BJ50D
A pair of identical clamps at 37.91, shipping included. Not difficult to see how some people are making money on ebay.
I've seen similar things with other objects of desire to the punter. These days I avoid anything that looks like a dealer transaction .
PoP

Still a useless piece of crap though. Those particular clamps are neither strong nor rigid enough to make a useful router guide. -- Die Gotterspammerung - Junkmail of the Gods

I wonder are they by the same manufacturer.
Last cramps I bought from Axminster were their own brand Tee bar sash cramps.
They were dreadful rubbish
I see they have a version of the Bessey style 'F' clamp, with parallel pull-up faces. Theirs are in yellow while the Bessey use red trim. Wonder are they in the same camp as Bessey
Paul Mc Cann

Sounds like "fell off the back of a lorry" to me...
That tinyurl leads to ebay... not directly to the sellers you mentioned...

Still works here, but maybe the target URL doesn't work on other computers.
It was just the result of an eBay search for "laser level". I first started looking a few weeks ago and there is a steady stream of these things.
You have to be very careful with eBay or you can end up bidding more than retail, or paying the same but from some unknown who may not be so good to deal with if the item develops a fault.
W.
Partly answering my own question here.
http://www.eprect.com/html/english/cpzse-011.htm
This is the manufacturer. Scroll down and you can see a pic of the rotary levels continually being advertised on eBay. Elsewhere it says the minimum order is 1700 units.
Next item down is one Axminster sells under its own name for 55
Half tempted to enquire with the co. for cost of 1700 delivered to the UK.
W.