Larger shower heads

My friend is planning on fitting a large shower head, which comes with a hose. I'm thinking the shower itself (that is, the electric box on the wall) has to be designed to let more water through? I've never tried such a thing, as a normal head is fine for me.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

wall) >> has to be designed to let more water through?

It shouldn't be if the flow rate that the shower can produce and the flow rate required by the head are known. They need to more or less match.

An electric shower will be pushed to do 5l/min if the shower head requires 10l/min you are either going to get a cool shower or if you restrict the flow down to 5l/min a disappointing shower.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I've just fitted a larger shower head to an electric shower - the head was described as suitable for an electric shower.

It gives a much broader, softer shower but the shower spray doesn't project out as far from the wall bracket into the shower area so it is not liked by my Lady Wife. To be most effective it would need to be mounted more or less vertically above the shower area so it showered straight down, instead of being mounted to the side. The old shower head is going back on, and the new one going into 'stock' for some future opportunity.

With a limited flow rate such as you get from an electric shower you can either have a small powerful spray or a broad gentle spray - but you won't get a broad powerful spray.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts