Large Shed Base

I am hoping to erect a large 12x12ft shed ona site which is paved but uneven. The shed people tell me the base should be even to 1cm approx.

From my pictures at

you can see how some of the paving has raised up over the years.

What would be the easiest/best way of prepearing this site for the new shed?

Reply to
lemmy

I'd just re-lay the old slabs. Pretty easy if you pack them out as you go rather than trying to level the whole area in advance. Get one level, then bed the next one on sharp sand and knock it down with the handle of a club hammer or a block of wood. When you get to the edge of the area, scoop out 4" or so of the sand and replace it with mortar to stop the sand washing away. It's not how the pros do it, but it's always worked well for me, and you can do a bit at a time

Reply to
Stuart Noble

the options, and their implications. As with most diy jobs, the easiest way can bite you later.

NT

Reply to
meow2222