Large extractor . . .

Had a couple of days off with man flu. Meanwhile, neighbour's been having work done. Making a right racket, heavy drilling at/near the party wall for several hours. The room's a kitchen - about 3mx4m. It's stopped now and this has popped out:

I don't think that's a normal extractor - it's way over the (what I thought was) standard. That must be 25cm . . .

Any idea what it might be for?

I would/will ask but far too ill to venture out :-)

Reply to
RJH

Looks like a normal 6" duct... lots of kitchen extractors use that size.

Reply to
John Rumm

Unless those are unusually large bricks :-)

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Er is that through the party wall venting onto your space perchance? Nice!

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Cooker hood maybe.

Reply to
harryagain

......and i.m.e. 150mm is the ideal size for domestic kitchens. 100mm plastic flexible ducting coupled to a weedy fan isn't worth a flying ....

Reply to
fred

Are your neighbours Turkish/Indian/Chinese?

Have you spotted any neon signs being erected?

:-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I won't be drawn :-)

It is a fair bit bigger than 150mm using the bricks as a measure (they're standard 9" x 4.5" bricks). I guess it's just an extractor, a bloody big extractor.

Reply to
RJH

Maybe?

Reply to
Richard

That was my immediate reaction too :-D They're not blanking out the widows too are they RJH? And plumbing into your electricity? And clumping about in the loft a lot?

(sorry!)

J.

Reply to
Another John

/ That was my immediate reaction too :-D They're not blanking out the widows too are they RJH? And plumbing into your electricity? And clumping about in the loft a lot?/Q

Mmm that "oregano" smells REALLY fresh darling (giggle)....

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Aligns nicely with my kebab shop theory :-)

Apparently a single plant has a street value of around £300. Makes you think dunnit :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

A grill for a 4" fan usually covers two brick courses. So probably a 5" fan.

Reply to
ARW

On 27/02/2014 10:49, Richard wrote: ...

A standard brick is 9" long, 4.5" wide and 3" high, which makes that about a 6" duct.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Colin misquoted.

Reply to
Richard

That is an exact quote from your post.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

But they're RJH's words, not Richard's

Reply to
Andy Burns

Fair enough, but in that case my error was a wrong attribution, not a misquote.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Politician?