large concrete flower tubs

Looking for a manufacturer of mega-size heavy concrete tubs, around 5' x 2' x 2' deep with drain and fixing holes. Our current supplier in Essex has stopped doing them.

thanks

rusty

Reply to
therustyone

2' deep with drain and fixing holes. Our current supplier in Essex has stopped doing them.

Ask them for the moulds and make your own.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

2' x 2' deep with drain and fixing holes.  Our current supplier in Essex has stopped doing them.

You can get concrete water troughs intended for cattle.

harry

Great for cows, but I don't think these would improve a historic conservati on-area village. I should have explained something rusticated with a very knobbly finish is really needed. Also very heavy to stop the local yobs t ipping it over and/or breaking it into pieces at midnight.

rusty

Reply to
therustyone

conservation-area village. I should have explained something rusticated with a very knobbly finish is really needed. Also very heavy to stop the local yobs tipping it over and/or breaking it into pieces at midnight.

Googling "large concrete planter" seems to produce many results. The top one on my search gives the size but you may have to settle for two semi ones put together.

Reply to
Ericp

I'm sure a council near you will let you know where they get them from.

Brian.

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message , therustyone writes

I have collected my redundant galvanised drinking water troughs and used them as planters. Dual purpose as they look pretty and stop visitors parking on the verge. Not 2'x2' though. Maybe 18"x18"x 5'0" long. Make £20 at a farm sale, more if they are riveted construction.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

This is for a Parish Council ! Getting someone to make one might cost a couple of days work - too expensive.

rusty

Reply to
therustyone

of days work - too expensive.

Someone near us has raised beds built from concrete fence posts and panes. Look very sturdy.

Reply to
mogga

conservation-area village. I should have explained something rusticated with a very knobbly finish is really needed. Also very heavy to stop the local yobs tipping it over and/or breaking it into pieces at midnight.

Do you really have to have concrete? Googling for street furniture seems to come up with a very wide range of options, just not many in concrete.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

h is really needed.

Get a smooth concrete tub and render it with a desired finish

Owain

Reply to
Owain