Laptop Battery suppliers far Acer laptops..

Anyone here got any recommendations for the supply of these items please?.

Genuine ones please, not cheap Chinese copies;!..

Cheers...

Reply to
tony sayer

And pray, just how are you going to differentiate the "Chinese copies" when the Chinese make them all and the labels that go on them ?

There was a thread on this topic recently here which would be worth you searching for. I bought a replacement fro an Acer from one of the recommended retailers. Only time will tell how good a buy it has been, but the battery has now been charged and fully discharged three times and will be charged to 40% and stored when not in use in the fridge, as recommended by battery gurus. The killer of Li-ion laptop batteries is the heat that they are subjected to while in the machine.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Humm .. good point!. Perhaps the better Chinese ones over the real cheap "knock off's" ;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

An I just lucky? The battery stays in ours, because it means there's a UPS - covers for moving from place to place as well as standing on the wire. But 3.5 years on, running on mains pretty much all the time, it doesn't appear to have lost much capacity.

I know some manufacturers do automatic charge/discharge cycles - don't think mine does.

But keeping it in the fridge just sounds like unnecessary faff.

Reply to
Clive George

Err umm Yes!, found it and it was me who inquired!, forgotten all about that posting, anyways now fixed up!..

Cheers...

Reply to
tony sayer

I left my HP laptop mostly plugged into the mains and the battery is dead after 3 years. Hardly ever been discharged ! Now the battery controls are set to max battery life instead of max performance, on the theory it was trickle charging too fast.

the rusty one

Reply to
therustyone

I need an acer battery. Too.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They just control how the machine takes power (when disks are turned off and the screen dimmed, etc., not how the battery is charged.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q