Landlord's gas safety certificate - cost?

Hi I'm finding it incredibly difficult to find a plumber who's even interested in doing one; worrying in itself, but also in that if and when I finally do sign somebody up I'm going to have to pay him silly money.
I may have no choice in the matter, but how much should I expect to have to pay for a two-up/two-down with boiler, gas fire and gas cooker. (Location is the Northwest FWIW).
Thanks David
| Hi | I'm finding it incredibly difficult to find a plumber who's even | interested in doing one; worrying in itself, but also in that if and | when I finally do sign somebody up I'm going to have to pay him silly | money. | | I may have no choice in the matter, but how much should I expect to | have to pay for a two-up/two-down with boiler, gas fire and gas | cooker. (Location is the Northwest FWIW). | | Thanks | David
i have one done every year with a boiler service,70. no cooker or fire though so id add maybe 20.
rpm

It is important for you as a landlord to have this done, so why not take a small service agreement with British Gas.
On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 11:51:46 GMT, "BigWallop"

Because they're completely fecking useless as maintenance engineers ?

I'll not argue that point, but they come in handy for this type of certification requirement.
--
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

I noticed the plumbing magazine at trade counters had an article on British Gas servicing, and how they managed to service a boiler for a couple of years without even opening the casing.
--
Andrew Gabriel

At least that would stop them breaking things, losing screws etc...
--
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

David wrote:

In London I'd be looking for 60 quid for the inspection. Together with servicing I'd be asking 90. The fire will be about 50% of the total work.
I would also make it clear that if this is the first time that you have sought a safety inspection and the appliances have been installed a few years that you can expect there to be some remedial work to bring the installation up to scratch. Most likely this will fall into the At Risk category and not the Immediately Dangerous.
HTH
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

Earlier this year I had a gas safety inspection done at a property I was interested in at Blackpool for 60. I asked the estate agent to recommend one, but I could just have picked a number in yellow pages under 'Corgi gas installer'. You only want a statutory inspection, not servicing the boiler or maintenance contract (which might well follow from the inspection).
Alec

You should expect to pay slightly above the cost of a service to the three appliances. Possibly between eighty to one hundred pounds if all done at one visit and all is found to be well. Any gas installer worth having will carry out a service to the appliances, a check of ventilation and flueing, and a soundness (tightness to give it its new terminology) test of the gas pipework downstream of the meter, as part of the gas safety testing procedure.
If you cannot find a local installer try looking on CORGIs website for their list of installers in your locality