Landis & Gyr central heating timer

I have a Landis & Gyr central heating timer next to a Pottorton kingfisher 2 boiler. One of its movable time segment is not turning the HW off.(=A3=A3=A3)

I would be grateful if anyone can let me know where i can find a installation manual for this.

Also I am about to take the top plate off and put it back and hope this will cure it. I know i need to turn the boiler power off (240v) but in doing so, will i have to re-light the boiler or not.

Thank you

Reply to
john smile

Is this the beastie?

is a bit difficult without knowing the model number of the programmer and what "plan" your system conforms to, but if it is a typical pumped CH/HW system with a cylinder thermostat, and your cylinder is correctly lagged, it should not make a huge amount of difference as the cylinder thermostat should switch off the boiler instead of the programmer.

If you switch the mains off to your boiler, it should not affect the pilot light.

John

Reply to
JohnW

In message , john smile writes

Landis and Gyr made quite a number of timers - which one ?

e.g. RWB2, RWB2E ?

It will be written on the rear of the device,

You don't really need to turn the system off, just undo the two screws and pull it off the backplate , you're not going to electrocute yourself or damage the boiler, ... unless you poke the live terminals on the backplate with your finger, of course

Reply to
geoff

If you're still using a programmer with a mechanical time-switch, maybe it's time to junk it - and get an electronic one?

Reply to
Roger Mills