Landing Light

Our landing light is on a 2-way switch, you can switch it on and off using the upstairs switch or the downstairs one, standard arrangment. There is a low energy bulb fitted and it behaves in strange way!

When switched off from upstairs it goes off, when swithed off from downstairs it goes off but then begins to flash fiently, for a split second, and at regular at 5 second intervals.

It always does this when switched off from downstairs, but never when switched off from upstairs. I have put an AC voltmeter across the pins and it measures 60 volts when in the flashing condition, (ie switched off from the downstairs switch). I would like to sort this out. Any idea what could be the reason and where should I look for the wiring error? All the other lights appear to work as expected.

Thanks for any tips!

Reply to
Ezhik

this has been answered before, the conclusion was that inductance from the longer live line enabled a charge to build up in the capacitor in the bulb and flash the bulb. (IIRC)

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

I thought this was an aircraft topic ...

Doh!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher