Land Rover Disco 3 voltage regulator levels

I'll give you the horsebox, but a dinghy is fine behind a Mini. I know, I've done it. And I mean a real Mini, not the modern BMW thing.

I don't reckon a Dart cat (130Kg) or a Laser (59Kg) even with another hundred or so for the trailer, needs 4wd.

Ron's snow is a real reason for having one. He seems to be one of the few people with a proper reason.

Ron,

I suggest you rent a decent modern road car one day for the Shropshire trip, just to see the difference. Preferably just so you can do a (practice) emergency stop on a wet road.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

I had that for several years on my Nissan Primera. The battery was tested as in spec but only just. Eventually I changed the battery. No bulb failures in the following two years.

It could also be poor connections to the battery (or earth straps).

Reply to
<me9

Having driven a range of rangerovers/landrovers/discos over the last 30 years for work I'd agree with that. Ice/snow and mud they were unsurpassable, but for open road driving the handling was suboptimum due to the suspension being more suited for off/poor road conditions. I always found that the brakes pulled to the left if the engine was revving, and were generally less effective than in a saloon/estate car.

Reply to
<me9

Exactly.

It cost about 500 a year to have a 4WD on the road even if it only turns a wheel on the few days with snow.

So if you need one, you have to use it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That's really big of you.

Reply to
Huge

I think I'd prefer the boat + trailer if it's still on offer.

Reply to
Steve Firth

*applause*
Reply to