Land Rover comms link

I think you'll find that most of them are experts on heaps.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I resemble that remark ...

Reply to
Duracell Bunny

Bought out by a Canadian company afair, who only wanted the car parts side, so later sold the aerospace business to TRW.

TRW then sold it to the US aerospace company, Goodrich.

I used to do work for Lucas Aerospace, Hemel, and then for Goodrich when they moved to Pitstone Green. Say what you like about the old Lucas Industries but some of their recent aerospace kit (the A380 generators and control electronics for example) is impressive by any standards.

Reply to
Tony Williams

They were Lucas Aerospace before being sold.

I know it's fashionable (and has been for years) to knock Lucas, but I don't really see the modern 'equivalents' being so much better. Or indeed the majority of the contemporary and comparable alternatives. They are all constrained by the same factors that made some Lucas products unreliable - extremely tight budgeting car by makers being the main one.

The very worst electrics I had on any car was the Delco installation on a Bedford van. Just about anything that could go wrong did. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

TBH, it's just a joke. The worst electrics I ever had on a car were the Bosch ones on my Porsche 924.

Reply to
Huge

Ducellier - produced the only alernator that I have known to crumble into green dust within two years.

Reply to
Steve Firth

French?

Reply to
Huge

Oh you must need one of these then

-
Reply to
Mark

Indeed, on a Citroen as well to make things worse.

Reply to
Steve Firth