Lamps blowing

I bought a load of the really cheap IKEA ones in 2000. There was one early failure, but all the others are still working fine, with no visible signs of degredation. These IKEA ones have a long preheat time though, like about 2 seconds before they light up at all. That's not wounderful in a number of applications, or on pull cord switches where you might think you didn't pull the cord hard enough.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I can understand people thinking daylight bulbs >5000K are too blue, and I can understand people (like me) thinking incandescent bulbs

Reply to
Ben

We've started to use blue (colour corection) incandescents at work for some who've been suffering from head-aches and the like, seem very popular....

Reply to
Badger

It will look right if you get the lighting level up to the same it would be when natural light is 4000k. You will pretty much never see artificial lighting levels this high in a house though, which is why it will normally look too blue. It would be OK to supplement natural daylight too.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel