Lamp oil/baby oil

most large garden centres sell perfumed oils and lamps.

Reply to
Pete Cross

Kerosene based white spirit is perfectly acceptable, but if you get worked up about the prospect of even the slightest whiff of alkanes then you may prefer to use the (hideously expensive) esters of vegetable oils sold for use with garden lamps at garden centres around the country. I tried some but went back to white spirit because it's cheap, low odour and available just about anywhere.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Any trade names for this please?

I will probably kill myself with an exploding lamp if I just go and buy something!

Reply to
EricP

Langlow was one, but just about any old white spirit sold for brush cleaning will do. I'd sniff the bottle if I were you to see if you can live with the pong. But none of them reek as badly as Esso Blue.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Cheers and yes to Esso Blue! :)

Reply to
EricP

Street vendors sell it now days, including Malls, but sometime purchasing it from the health food store is best, ( natural products ).

Reply to
Flyingsnow

You have just replied to a 17 year old thread. However you may console yourself that you are now probably the record holder for replying to the most historic thread.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Yes why don't they fix that web site,its keeping content that surely must be a waste of space. It seems it should be pretty trivial to make it archive threads after a couple of years into some knowledge base and while they are at it make sure the contributors always quote the actual message so we out here in the real world can have an inkling of what they are on about? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa