Lamintae flooring and skirting

REdoing an old boxroom and ripping out the carpet and skirting. Quick Qs regarding laying laminate - is it easier to put the skirting on first then the flooring - or should I put down the flooring then the skirting on top - I would rather do the latter as it looks a bit better but if the floor is uneven is it not a bit of a mess!!
Joe.
IMO it looks a *LOT* better putting the skirting on after the flooring. If the floor is uneven then you would try putting down some boarding down first to even it up before laying the laminate.
When it comes to fitting the skirting boards, you could always shape the lower edge to follow any contours of the floor, and hence avoid gaps at the lower edge.
Much more work is involved doing it this way. But the finish is far more professional.

top -