laminate underlay

Decided to go for quickstep laminate throughout our new house. Can anyone comment on the merits of the 2 more expensive versions of their underlay ?? They do one thats meant to limit transition sound (to the room below), and one to limit reflection sound (to the room). I am planning on the using the former upstairs, and the latter downstairs; is it worth the extra cash ontop of the basic stuff ?? (underfloor is chipboard in a new build).

Reply to
NC

Yes - I have laid this in one room (the thick green stuff with gol foil on one side) & had previously used the cheapo B&Q foam in th adjoining room with the same quickstep laminate. You can definatel notice the sound deadening effect of the proper stuff - the floo sounds more solid whereas with the cheaper stuff it sounds more hollo & impact noise is louder. For the small additional cost, I would ge the good stuff

-- Pufter

Reply to
Pufter