Laminate over old quarry tiles?

I want to lay laminate flooring over an old quarry tile floor. The house was built in the 1890s, so I assume there is little in the way of damp-proofing. The floor is pretty cold and un-inviting, but quite level. It has had a cement screed laid in the past but that has been hacked away. IMO it's not level enough to laminate onto directly.
A search of uk.d-i-y has led me to believe that the following is a reasonable course of action: am I right?!
1. detergent clean quarry tiles, abrade and vacuum. 2. Lay a latex screed (I assume this damp-proofs?!) 2a Lay poly dpm? Or not?? 3. Lay laminate flooring underlay (I like the 10mm thick green slab type) 4. Lay laminate floor
OK??
Si
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk (Si) wrote in message

I have used Oldroyd Xs membrane for this succesfully: http://www.safeguardchem.com/Damp/damp%20floor%20slabs.htm

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (spanner151) wrote in message

Thanks, that looks like a very interesting and a quick solution! Shame it comes in 25m2 rolls whaen I only need 6...
Not 100% convinced it will leave the surface as level as I'd like for laminate; but then neither am I convinced my screeding skills are that hot either :)
I'm now wondering whether a standard heavy-duty DPM, followed by laminate underlay would do the job...
Simon