Laminate flooring, two levels

I want to put down some laminate flooring but the adjoining two rooms differ by 10mm in floor height! What's the best way of covering a join like this?

TIA

Reply to
Jeremy Goff

Wow! thats high,is there floorboards in one of the rooms?

take the floorboards up and sit the floorboards on 10mm lenght pieces of wood on each joist,a bit tedious but cheaper than covering the whole floor with 10mm plywood sheeting to bring it level.

Jus my tuppence worth.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Both floors are concrete.

The dining room is lower by 10mm, the cowboy builder of the kitchen extension (before my time) decided floor heights didn't matter.

I've had lino in the kitchen and carpet in the dining room, the top surfaces looked level!

Reply to
Jeremy Goff

Smashing, a job for the self levelling compound.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from "Jeremy Goff" contains these words:

Lay one floor on that 2mm sheeting, the other on the thicker sound absorbing boards. That'll soak up all but a tiny bit of the difference - the rest can be taken care of with an ordinary joiner strip.

Reply to
Guy King

A wooden lintel

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Had the same situation here. I used the greenish thick underlay -- these things really itch! -- on the lower surface and the normal underlay on the upper surface.

Eddy

Reply to
Eddy Young