Laminate flooring query

Hi all,

A couple of quick questions regarding the laying of laminate flooring in a kitchen/conservatory...

Here is a quick mspaint sketch of the area:

The boards are to go vertically on the diagram - am I best starting at the top right? The left end is a bit nasty with the wall going in and out several times (where a sink is and where an old wall was knocked out).

  1. Is it ok to lay the flooring around the kitchen units/appliances rather than going underneath them? I wouldnt have thought the boards would like the weight of a washing machine etc. on top of them, but I can also see a problem getting the appliances out unless I put some ply or something under them to make the floor the same height?

cheers

Dave.

Of course, more difficuly to start from the left hand edge because it will require more than one pair of hands to link the first room length strips that link the smaller areas where the wall goes in and out.... you might want to lay out the first room length planks to measure to the back of those recesses. And making it more difficult is that as you are adding more planks the pressure you exert will cause the area you have already laid to move about.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

thanks Arthur