Laminate flooring on landing - what to do with edge next to top stair tread?

If the first floor landing is covered with 6 mm laminate flooring, what method could I use to provide a seamless edge to the top tread of the stairs?

See my drawing here:

example, I could "extend" the nose of the top tread by finishing the edge with a 1/4 round hardwood strip. Or I could fit one of the aluminium or wood-effect profile strips available from the DIY stores.

Basically, it has to be a safe installatrion , and I'm a bit concerned about the slightly higher tread (by 6 mm) as one steps on to the landing.

By the way, the stairs would be stained to match the laminate as closely as possible.

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

A piece of tile edging strip looks nice along an open edge of laminate flooring. They come in different finishes and effects, so you're not stuck with chrome or brass.

Reply to
BigWallop