Laminate flooring in bathroom

I'm intending to lay Floormaster Loc laminated tiling in a new shower room (suspended wood floor). The product is recommended for domestic bathroom use but my question is should I lay it under the shower tray or should I cut around it. The B&Q helpline say it will be okay to put it underneath as long as I don't screw or nail it down. Laminate flooring is laid as a floating floor so will the shower tray (cast stone) allow sufficient movement once it's sealed in?

Reply to
Trevor Smith

I wouldn't lay under it. Laminate in bathrooms has a limited lifespan, even if you remember to glue the proper waterproof stuff. It would be hell to try to get the old manky stuff out from underneath a shower tray.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle