Laminate flooring around a hearth

I'm just about to lay a laminate floor and while I am aware about leaving a 10mm gap for expansion, I am not sure what to do around the granite fire hearth and along the aluminum french windows. I can't put beading around as this would look naff and I don't really want a gap.
Any suggestions. I hear a rumour that you can buy a colour matched elastic filler but I'm not convinced that this would look okay. This must be a common problem.
KW
On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 22:48:14 +0100, "Bilbo Baggins"

I left an expansion gap everywhere else in the room except around the hearth. After 18 months I haven't noticed any bad side effects.

as
elastic
I found a beading which didn't look naff.