Laminate flooring

Never having bothered with it before I was quite suprised to find huge differences in the prices. I know that a lot of it is due to the water resistance and wear qualities.

So why is the difference so vast? Is it due to the quantities of platinum and gold used in making the waterproof/durable stuff?

I am going to suggest to my customer that she covers her floor with Chinese electrical goods. It would be cheaper.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Think of it as comparing Chinese with Taiwanese....

Then you can buy the real European thing.......

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I asked the salesman today why the difference. Is it quality control and content?

No, just what different firms ask for. Just like what it costs pirates to produce as opposed to the hideously expensive genuine product that has had time to consolodate the market.

Think logically what the real price of piracy is: The bastards who charge exhorbitant prices are the good guys.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Yes they are, because they have spent a great deal of money establishing their brand and developing the market.

As a result, people like to buy their products and their business grows. If people didn't like the brand and what they are getting, they wouldn't buy.

Given that, it is entirely reasonable for the manufacturer of a genuine product to defend their position and their investment against those who pass off counterfeits.