Laminate Floor Protection From Furniture

I was looking at a pack of floor protectors in Homebas etoday for stopping furniture scratching floord . It consisted of one 4" x 4 " square of felt and a few round pads . but cost about 6 which I thought was a bit steep. I was thinking of getting a piece of green baize from somewhere and sticking pieces to the fett of my sofas etc . Anyone got any other ideas ?. Stuart
--

"YESTERDAY is history,TOMORROW is a mystery,TODAY is a gift

That is why it is called the present "

We cut and stuck felt pad to the feet on the furniture with double sided tape. Works well. Felt was pennies from the local fabric shop.