Laminate floor moving

Hi,

I put down a laminate floor last year - the kind where you knock the planks together using a plastic block and a hammer.

The ends of a couple of the planks are not being hidden by the beading I glued to the skirting board and these are also extending further than the other planks at the opposite side of the room.

I have tried knocking them back into line with the plastic block and a hammer but this only seems to put the planks which they are joined to out of kilter and I end up with spaces between the planks in the middle of the room

Please let me know if there is any way around this problem. I have thought of putting screws through the adjoining planks and into the floorboards to hold them in place while I try to adjust the offending planks with a hammer but this seems a little drastic.

TIA

Bren

Reply to
Bren

Indeed, get someone else to stand on the board which you want to remain stationary, while you influence those boards to be moved with a hammer and block or what ever your weapon of choice.

If they stand with their heels over the middle of the board's width, and at it's end closest to where you are working then it's unlikely to move further as you work.

Hope this helps, it works fine here while laying them.

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube