Laminate Beading Question

Hi
I've just laid my first laminate floor and am very happy with the results (thanks for all the advice).
I decided not to take the skirting boards up (as they have loads of pipework attached to them so have gone for beading.
Can you advise what is the best way to attach the beading to the skirting board ?
Many thanks
John

Pine skirting is dirt cheap. No reason to get nasty laminate stuff. The dual facing stuff (bullnose one side, chamfered the other) is easily thick enough to hide the expansion gap and much wider than the criminally stingy 2cm high stuff you get in newbuilds. Paint it to match the room woodwork, or use varnish to match the floor.
Christian.
hows best to attach it to the wall ?? Screws/nails and plugs to hide them ??

dual
enough
high

Use screws. That way you can remove the skirting without damage, which is very useful if repairing or removing the laminate. Use plugs if you wish to have a concealed fixing, I didn't bother.
Christian.

When I did mine recently, I stuck it on with GripFill and it's fine. I cut and mitred it, and then painted it before sticking it on, in order to avoid any possibility of getting paint on the new floor.
Roger
On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 16:43:16 +0100, "Roger Mills"

Yes, but that's going to be a nasty job removing it for redecoration!
MM

cut
avoid
I won't remove it for re-decoration! Hopefully it won't need doing for a few years - by which time the "new" flooring won't be new any more - so I shalln't care so much.
Roger
Dumb question, but don't you damage the beadign when firing the nails through as it has a curved surface ?
Also, don't the pin heads look rather noticeable ?
Thanks
John
On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:51:52 +0100, NC wrote:

If it's done neatly it doesn't look too bad. Depends on how neatly you do it!
Personally, I think removing the skirting would look better - however at the time I didn't feel capable.
If I did it again would I remove the skirting - Yes! Do I think the beading looks bad enough to make me want to remove the skirting now - Hell no!!!
Cheers,
Andy
Spent Saturday laying laminate in my mates flat. We used the beading and attached it using the 9.99 nail gun from Screwfix :) It worked a treat, just had to tap home the odd nail that didn't fire fully home with the gun.
The beading looks fine; when I did my own hallway I took the skirting off but to be honest I like both looks.
-- Remove BRAIN before replying

white-gloss
John Snow wrote in message

You'll have a massive clearing up job when it squeezes out. I'd stick to pva glue with the odd pin or masking tape to hold it in place. Horses for courses etc.

Not necessarily - it depends on how much you use. I used a thin zig-zag bead of GripFill and had no problems whatsoever.
Roger