Lagging external gas pipes

In a camping barn in N. Wales the solution that I used was to sit the butane cylinder (bigger than the little camping stoves' size) on one burner of a two burner stove. The other occupants were a little worried, but even an hour later there was condensation and a bit of frost on the cylinder. Not recommended in a tent.

Reply to
PeterC

Thanks for comments: I have since asked him more: he was told that it was because LPG could be mixed with natural gas in the future - I am unsure whether that is correct or not (I do believe he was actually told that - probably incorreectly). It is a mains gas supply.

Reply to
amateur

In message , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

+1
Reply to
bert

In the case of butane, formally used by caravanners amongst others, in blue bottles the gas simply ceases to boil off and sop you loose any pressure. Some poor souls thought that wrapping the bottle in a blanket might help keep it warm. Hence with winterised caravans most people now use propane - red bottles. I forget the exact boiling point.

Reply to
bert

Methane - even lower boiling point.

Reply to