Ladders revisited.

Hi All

Thanks for the posts on ladder safety. I bought a Wickes stand off made by Youngmans for £15 (on offer) and it's made a huge difference to my feelings about stability.

Used it today clearing some gutters and it made life much easier & safer.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

What about feet widner makes shinning up the ladder a doddle when you get the wobblies.?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

It did have the retaining spring to clip on a rung I hope? I've seen them in Wickes with the spring missing.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

While the spring is necessary, it does "block" one rung ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes it did. I made a point of looking after your post mentioned it. Thanks for that.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

So you're up as far as the gutter then? Need must :-) I sometimes find it useful to extend the width by taping on a length of

2 x 2. Means you can work directly above windows etc without the ladder touching the glass
Reply to
Stuart Noble

Was the offer only in your local store or did it look 'nationwide'? I could do with one but don't really want to make a special trip just on a wild goose chase.

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

Its in the Wickes 'Great Gear Great Prices' offers booklet which is valid

7th Aug to 8th Oct so it must be national.
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thanks, I was passing close by to a Wickes today and called in and got one (with spring!). I have wanted one for ages but thought £25 a bit steep but at £15 couldn't pass it up.

Cheers for the tip off.

John

Reply to
John