Lace Curtain Tip

In Wilkinsons today buying a new level.

And its reassuring to know that both the floors in Wilkinsons - that particular branch anyway and shelves at home put up 20 or more years ago are still level. On the way to the tools I went through the curtain aisle, and my tip is

If you're ever sent to Wilkinsons to buy net curtains you now need to ask for "Voile Panels". At least I assume that's what they were. I couldn't ask an assistant as otherwise they'd presumably expect me to go through the motions of thinking about buying some.

A quick browse of their website confirms this - no mention of net curtains anywhere. So don't forget its "voile panels" from now on.

Presumably as with straight bananas and straight cucumbers this is the result of some new EU regulation or other.

michael adams

michael adams

If I ruled the world, net curtains would be called Moiré panels.

Reply to
Graham.

Voile has always described a type of close weave curtain that lets light through, but you can't see anything from inside or out. Nets you could normally see through from inside. Then there's "sheers", a more open weave

Reply to
stuart noble

What, what on earth is the derivation of that one? Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff