Labels for tops of traffic cones

Sorry, slightly bizarre request - I need to put out some traffic cones (in a lawfully allowed way) but I also want to have displayed on top of the con es a message. I was imagining that someone would be selling some form of s leeve which would be placed on the cone, with a clear plastic sleeve to all ow, say, a sheet of A4 to be pushed inside so that the appropriate message could be left.

But I've not been able to track any such thing down (or anything similar).

The closest I've found are these

but they are rather pricey.

Any suggestions of where to look?

Thanks!

Matt

Reply to
larkim

I thought cones were um, conical, you cant wrap paper around a conical shape without creasing it.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

lawfully allowed way) but I also want to have displayed on top of the cones a message. I was imagining that someone would be selling some form of sleeve which would be placed on the cone, with a clear plastic sleeve to allow, say, a sheet of A4 to be pushed inside so that the appropriate message could be left.

but they are rather pricey.

What do you want to say? A laminated notice on a board nailed to a pole stuck through the hole in the top works well enough.

There are sleeves but they usually sit part way down or at the bottom.

Reply to
Martin Brown

lawfully allowed way) but I also want to have displayed on top of the cones a message. I was imagining that someone would be selling some form of sleeve which would be placed on the cone, with a clear plastic sleeve to allow, say, a sheet of A4 to be pushed inside so that the appropriate message could be left.

but they are rather pricey.

Try

They can no doubt custom make what you're after. I've no connection with them but did have one or two bits made up by them for work.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

You can but the really clever bit would be printing on the paper such that the lines of text appear straight and vertical.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

course you can.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Make a JPG of the text, and then apply trapezoidal distortion? Several imaging programs can do this. Obviously a bit of initial trial and error will be required in order to get it right. However, I doubt if doing it this way would be as visible as the flat notice fixed on top of the cone (as shown on that website, and which Brian may not be aware of).

Reply to
Ian Jackson

That'll do the verticals but not the horizontal. The shape of a flat bit of paper that will smoothly wrap around a cone with a horizontal base is a segment from a ring. The baseline of the text needs to follow the curve of the outside edge of the ring. And I think the text needs to be wider (trapezoid?) towards the center.

Agreed there isn't much visible area at the top of a cone. Stick down through cone with flat notice on top of stick much better.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice