L Bracket for bricks?

Is it possible to get fixings to attach a porch onto the front elevation of a house?

The porch was built quite a long time ago and was never tied in with the existing brickwork. If they could be made to blend in with the existing decor it would be even better.

Reply to
Wesley

Do you mean wall starters?

andrew

No. These are for use during the building process. This porch is already built.

Reply to
Wesley

>> No. These are for use during the building process. This porch is already > built.

You probably need to define the problem better. I guess you mean there are cracks. Depending on the location, amount and the direction of movement, you might apply different solutions.

Reply to
Newshound

>> No. These are for use during the building process. This porch is already > built.

These are designed to allow the new foundations to settle and move relative to the existing foundations. Any tying together of the structures you do will need to do the same - you can't stop them moving relative to each other by tying them together (at least, not above the foundations).

It would be useful to know what problem you are trying to solve.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

What I am trying to say is that the porch seems to be free-standing in relation to the front elevation of the house. The bricks of the porch are just butted up to the front wall without any evidence of them being connected to the house. If you were to apply enough sideways pressure it would fall down without doing any damage to the original structure. What I was wondering is, can it be connected to the house with metal brackets to make it a bit more secure?

Reply to
Wesley