Knocking a room through - HELP

My wife hated our small dining room a moaned at me constantly to knock it through to another room. One weekend when she was away visiting friends I planned to surprise her and decided to have a go at it myself. Now I admit that I'm not great at DIY and I didn't consult her before hand but I think her reaction was rather harsh as she has now left me.

Apparently she was not after a really tall room at all and feels I have devalued the property by removing the master bedroom. Have I made a error or should women be precise with their wishes. Please help!

Reply to
Bob

Look on the bright side, you could have knocked out a supporting wall, and had the roof in the dining room.

If she left you over something so minor, its time you traded her in for a new model anyway.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

Although this thread seems a little tongue in cheek, let me spin you my yarn.. Due to a fairly heavy dry rot attack, I had to remove the ceiling joists in my through lounge, loosing the master and middle bedroom of the house. It's all gone back to normal now, but at christmas we had the most _amazing_ tree! You could see it through the front downstairs window, as in most homes, but the fairy was in the upstairs front window! I will admit though, that for the most excellent jest it was, it was also a bas***d to install and dispose of afterwards. Good fun while it lasted though...

Steve.

Overlord of the Stuffed Attic. If it moves, I'll keep it.. If it stands still, I'll keep it.. If I want it, it's up there somewhere...

If I've not yet used it, it's not been kept long enough...

=================================================== Any opinions voiced that are possibly contentious were not written by me. Honest. No, really! Well, they might have been. Or not. Burble-Burble =================================================== snipped-for-privacy@heart.karoo.co.uk snipped-for-privacy@m387.net ===================================================

Reply to
steve

I'm sure you jest BUT a friend of mine lived in a rented one room apartment in New York next to a hermit who occupied the three bedroom apartment next door.

My friend opened up a doorway that had been blocked in during the conversion to flats and used the blocks to block up the door into the rest of the hermits flat, making both apartments two room each.

When the upstairs neighbour heard about this he made a hole in the floor and pinched another room, leaving the hermit with one room only.

It wasn't until the old man passed away that the landlord discovered what had happened. Needless to say he made the room stealers put things back and make good.

I kid you not

Nick Brooks

Reply to
Nick Brooks

Hehe, no wonder the Americans want to invade Iraq.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C