Knob and hole - success!

The Aldi glass-cutting drills worked fine. My crockpot/slow-cooker now sports a pukka-looking lid with a white ceramic knob on top. I've put a load-spreading penny washer on the inside and a smear of silicone either side as a damper. I expect the washer will rust, but iron in the food's good for you, isn't it? :)

Many thanks to those who offered suggestions.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Apart from that, how is your knob?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

yes, in milligram doses. No as sharp flakes.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

Next time you're at the seaside pop into a yacht chandler. They should have a decent supply of stainless steel washers.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

We evolved through the iron age so probably yes or at least not harmful enough to matter

Reply to
cynic

not harmful enough to wipe out entire communities, but iron overload is a serious condition that kills. Congratualtions on getting your knob mounted in the hole.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Tabby saying something like:

Ah yes; haemochromatosis (sp) - something that was mentioned by my GP. Fortunately I don't have it, but the condition and the remedies seemed straight out of the Middle Ages. I shall look for a stainless steel washer and screw.

Just like riding a bike.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

What size? I've rather a lot of them and could send you 1 of each if they're suitable.

Ah, a split saddle.

Reply to
PeterC

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember cynic saying something like:

A sausage casserole will be proof enough, I reckon. Simmering away nicely, as I type. I tried the over-sized plate on top the other day and knocked out a decent enough chicken stew, which didn't last long. All hail Slow Cookers!

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

yes but not the silicone?

Reply to