Knife Sharpening Q

While I can sharpen knives, chisels, planes to razor edge and with correct angle ......... never sharpened a serrated edge knife.

I have several Kitchen Devil Knives ... good quality, and I regularly sharpen them - no problem. However I have 2 of these with serrated edges ... one a carver the other a bread knife. As you have if effect multiple scalloped edges, how do you sharpen these ?

My only thought is a round stone and have to sharpen each scallop individually ?

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Depends how tied to the original scalloped pattern you are. I have done my bread knife by sharpening on just one side, so it keeps the scalloped edges due to the other side (reduced in profile, but more than made up for by being sharp).

Initially when you start doing this, you can just sharpen the tips, and with a scalloped edge, that does most of the cutting, so it makes a big difference.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

NT

Reply to