Klober Suntile ?

are these the only people that make this type of system ?

seems pretty expensive, for what you get, at around £140 for the basic kit... or am I looking in the wrong place ?

thanks

Reply to
SoWeezy

There are many variations on the market - all pretty much the same idea. We've just installed a Velux Sun Tunnel and it is bloody good. Got someone in to do the roof work and I fitted the rest - took about a days work to finish it to a good standard!

Email me if you want any info...

Cheers,

Andy

Reply to
Andy Kirkland

Two questions.

How do you clean the outside? AIUI, conventional Velux rooflights can be tilt and turn and thus cleaned from the inside.

Is this subject to planning permission?

Reply to
Andy Hall

There is no easy way to clean the rooflight part since it is an enclosed unit - ie the only practical way is to clean it on the roof. But since the rooflight is for light rather than vision I am working on the basis that it is less critical - ie a good proportion of light will still be transmitted through a slightly dirty glass.

In general no unless you are in a conservation area (which we are which is why we went for the Velux since it has a *very* low profile - only protrudes maybe 20-30 mm above the slates).

If anyone is considering buying one I would recommend getting a "rigid" tu be system - the flexible tubes seem like a bodge alternative and as I understand do not transmit light as well - especially over larger distances. The kits are very "Heath Robinson" - the tubes and elbows are very thing gauge metal and are held together with nothing more than self tappers and aluminium tape. I reinforced mine with sections of rigid insulation through the ceiling and it is pretty sturdy.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Kirkland