Kittens on the keys?

Hmm. Searching for an explanation of sitting down at the compuiter and finding two screenshots of where I left the computer last night, sitting on the desktop..one called

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.png

leads me to believe that the blasted kittens, have been on te case again.

Well at least they haven't peed in the laser printer. This time.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In message , The Natural Philosopher writes

Sounds a bit like when my nephew dialled 999 on redial when he was a babbie

except the police were not amused

Reply to
geoff

I still use IBM Model M keyboards. The cats use the provided walkway at the back of the keyboard...

Bob Eager

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Bob Eager saying something like:

Must get the pressure washer out.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I don't think I've ever seen one with a built in mouse, I've got a couple of original ones stashed away, one AT and one PS/2, but when I changed to a DVI/USB KVM they weren't happy with those PS/2 to USB dongles ... I gather there are some dongles that can supply enough current to drive a Model M.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I have a lovely clean one that I'm using right now. The same one I've been using daily since 1992.

Took it apart and cleaned it last month.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I should have made it clear that mine don't (I have several) have the built in mouse. I selected that picture as you can see the kitty ledge!

They are all plugged into KVMs here...

Reply to
Bob Eager

In message , Grimly Curmudgeon writes

I'll send you mine to clean while you're at it ..

Reply to
geoff

In message , Grimly Curmudgeon writes

Chuck it in the dishwasher, followed by a few days in the airing cupboard. Sorted.

Reply to
Graeme

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Bob Eager saying something like:

94 for me, and it was s/h from a typesetter's with an old 286, so who knows how many millions of keypresses it's really had. Still works fine, though.
Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Is it as bad as this one?

ARWadsworth

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Our cat likes sitting on the nice warm laptop keyboard. It once managed to press some combination of keys which makes the display go upside down and back-to-front. Why in god's name Microsoft ever put such a combination of keys into Windows I have no idea, but it was real bugger to sort out - had to try googling for the issue with a mouse in mirror image, very confusing.

Reply to
Martin Pentreath

That would be to work on tablet PCs like this one I am using. However it has a button that rotates the display so i don't use the short cuts.

Reply to
dennis

Because of video projectors...

Reply to
Dave Osborne

In message , Martin Pentreath writes

Not MS, the company that wrote the drivers for your video card.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Pretty sure that they'll never work unless you get an active converter, most of the converters will only work if the keyboard/KVM was designed to be connected to a PS/2 and USB port as the two are very different in operation.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Yes, it has to be a converter rather than just an adapter, dongle was too ambiguous a word, here's one fitted internally (though mine have the plug-in cables, so the layout might be different.

Andy Burns

new IT. You really don't want to see the keyboards we threw out from some kitchens.

Reply to
Adrian C

Mine's due a clean, too. Never had cats on it, but one of the dogs often jumps up into my lap and then flops his head down onto it. Thankfully I suspect that IBM engineers forsaw that, and dog skull impacts formed part of the original product testing :-)

I think I got my PS/2->USB convertor from clickykeyboards.com. I do have a PS/2 socket on the PC, but every so often the keyboard would stop responding when plugged into it; I wonder if it's a current-draw issue. No problems via the USB widget, though.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson