Kitchen - when to plaster

Hi,

I'm looking to replace my kitchen.

The walls are currently woodchip on plasterboard.

I'm planning to remove the woodchip, and am planning to have the walls skimmed.

Should I rip out the old units, and then get it plastered, or fit the new units, and then plaster?

- i.e. risk damaging the new plaster when fitting the new units, or risk damaging the new units during the plastering.

I'll no doubt have lots of other questions when it comes nearer the time....

Thanks,

Chris.

Reply to
xscope

I'd be more concerned about getting the woodchip of the plasterboard. lol

Reply to
George

Plastering is best done when the kitchen is clear of all units. It is very messy so needs doing before the new ones appear.

mark

Reply to
mark

Do the plastering first. The units will get in the way of the plastering operation, and may well get damaged by the wet plaster. If the plaster gets a bit damaged fitting the units, that can easily be repaired with Polyfilla etc.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Plaster first.

Reply to