Kitchen Wallpaper Tilles or Paint

Hi All, We are having some diffcuilty in deciding which of the following option is best for the kitchen

1) Kitchen Paint 2) Wall paper 3)Tiles

We have solid floor in kitchen and we have so ar decedied to tiles over it unless you guys suggest something different

The kitchen is bit small

Many thanks for all your feedback MA

Reply to
Mo Thanku

Several years ago we used wallpaper in our kitchen which had an embossed tiling pattern. Might be an idea to look out for because it's easier than tiling. It's also water resistant for wet areas like kitchens.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew McKay

My preference is tiles for splash backs along worktops, cookers, sinks etc. Paint or wallpaper for other areas.

Tiles on a solid floor are cold, they are not very forgiving to anything dropped either. Almost guaranteed to break any pottery/china/glass.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Many Thanks for the feedback.

Actually I just found out that what my wife has selected is not tiles it is Marble.

Does it improve or worsen the situation in any way.

Thanks all

Reply to
Mo Thanku

Well I wouldn't spill any acid on it. Vinegar, citrus fruit juice and countless other acids readly available in the kitchen... Of course it will be sealed but how well under foot traffic?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice