Kitchen wall cladding - where in the UK ?

Hello - can anyone recommend where to get tongue & groove wall cladding from in the UK, preferably York please ? We want untreated 'cos we're going to paint it, then varnish it. Thanks in advance Pete

Hi Pete,
If you're using it in a kitchen you'll need to use fire retardant coatings, varnish and the like, especially on ceilings and around cooking facilities. Any DIY Store does the stuff, so take a day to shop about for the cheapest and best.
--
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

I kind of thought that the old cladding stuff was obsolete these days, and everyone used the MDF equivelent? .If you are painting it, I would go with the MDF, as far as I know, Nowadays, it comes treated for moisture resistance too, which is another concern for kitchens.

Try and get stuff that is a little longer than the lengths you need, so as to keep joints to a minimum. Failing that you want to decide where the joints are going to be; random or regular etc.
What will you be fixing them to? If you are pinning them, remember to angle the pin in from the base of the tongue through the meat of the wood into your grounds or battons. This means your first strip goes in grooved edge to the wall.
A daub of glue is required here. And of course it must be plumb. I take it you know how to scribe the first one to any unevennesses in the edge of the wall? And make sure the two end boards are the same thickness by measuring the widest part of the wall with the overall size nearest this that the t&g provides - and halving the difference between the two end pieces.
Check every fourth or fifth to see that they are staying plumb or upright. (Or whatever angle you decided on.)

Oops, I mean Focus Clifton Moor
Toby.
Toby wrote:

yep you're right got my roads mixed up, I always miss the entrance and have to turn round.
Cheers Jonathan

:-( Been to look.
Toby.