Kitchen upstands

I've just had some new Duropal worktops fitted to our kitchen and have decided to add some upstands before I tile the walls. Can anyone recommend a way of attaching the upstands to the worktop/walls. Are they just glued on to the wall and then sealed with silicone or can you screw them to the wall ? Do I need some colourfil ? What products would you use to glue them to the wall ?

I've also have a gap for a free standing cook. Do upstands run behind the cooker or do they stop each side ?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Reply to
Stanley

tile the walls first fix upstand to the wall with gripfill finsh th ends with a returned mitr

-- micky104

Reply to
micky104

Micky,

I was thinking of putting the upstand on the wall first the tiling up from it ? I've read a lot of peoples problems with upstands and water - should the glue used to fix the upstand to the tiles/wall not be waterproof like gripfil max ? I take it the upstand should be sealed with clear silicon between the work surface and the upstand ? IK was thinking of fixing the upstad with screws at each end and using black end caps to cover the screws on the upstand ? I would then seal it with silcone ?

Sorry for all the questions I just don't want to make a pigs ear of this as i've just spent a lot of money on these worktops/upstands.

As i've got a free-standing oven do you finish the upstand where the work surfaces stop. I take it a return mitre is a straight cut and then edge the upstand with some contact adshive/laminate to seal

Regards

Reply to
Stanley