Kitchen Unit Halogen Lights Problem

Moved into this (rented) house about six months ago - kitchen is lovely but has these tiny 2" dia Hela halogen spots underneath the units and in the ones with glass doors. 11 of them on two feeds, via a transformer on each.

Slowly over the six months they have failed - now I'm down to one!

I've replaced six of them, when the first few failed, but find it impossible to get them to work 100%. Sometimes one will work if you widdle it.

The bulbs are two pronged tiny things, and the 'oscket' is two tiny holes. Wiring is ok, any ideas how to trouble shoot this?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

you can buy new holders as it is the contacts that fail i always go for the holders that have terminal screws so you get solid clamp on to the lamp prongs

Reply to
dale hammond

get landlord to do it. Suggest not installing junk next time.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

In rented accomodation, you shouldn't do so. You've tried replacing the bulbs and that didn't work. Now pass the problem over the the agent or landlord. It sounds like the lamps might have poor contacts. If you fiddle with them and there's a fire, things could get rather hot in more ways than one.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel