Kitchen unit drawers height question

Two identical 500mm wide cabinets, each with 4x drawers and I need to replace the actual drawers with new ones. In each unit at the moment the drawers are all quite shallow - around 85mm.

Height of the existing drawer fronts in each unit is (top to bottom)

160mm; 185; 185; 160. Top drawer height is restricted by corner brackets. Third from top height is restricted by a reinforcing bar along the mid point.

The choice on new drawer heights is 85mm or 150mm - the ebay ad doesn't actually give any clues as to where the drawer height measurements are taken from. It looks as if I were to change the drawer front arrangements to (top down) to 160; 185; 160; 185 - that I could fit in the 85mm; 150; 85; 150.

Could anyone confirm that the above would fit please?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

It happens that Harry Bloomfield formulated :

They are 160, 185, 185, 185.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

It happens that Harry Bloomfield formulated :

Sorry, correction -

They are 160, 185, 185, 185.

Reply to
John Miller

John Miller has brought this to us :

I appreciate all of that. I installed the entire kitchen originally, but the drawers turned out to be not very robust - plastic sided with a hardboard base, so now I'm trying to replace them with steel sided and

18mm base panel, via an online order. I'm just confused as to what height of drawer can be installed. The choices are 85mm or 150mm.

For the 8x drawers I could simply buy 8x 85mm, but I fancy 4x of the drawers could be the 150mm high ones - obviously higher sided, means more capacity, without things spilling out the back.

So to run it again....

Drawer front heights Top = 160mm

2nd = 185mm 3rd = 185mm Bottom =185mm

Top drawer has to be an 85mm, dues to there being carcass reinforcing brackets in the top corners. 3rd drawer also has to be 85mm due to a carcass reinforcing bar across its top - but could I use 150mm drawer height for 2nd drawers and bottom drawers?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

harry expressed precisely :

Original drawer fronts are good as new, as are the carcasses - good quality. Drawers are horrible cheap break if you look at them types with a fall out hardboard base panel. I put the entire kitchen in, not appreciating that the actual drawers were such rubbish at the time I ordered the parts up.

Now I'm looking to replace all eight with steel ones with an 18mm wood base. They come with the runners etc., but not the fronts.

All I want to is will 150mm high drawers fit two of the drawers in each unit? I know that 4x 85mm drawers will definitely fit, but it looks as if two of the drawers in each unit could be 150mm high, instead of

85mm.

They seem to call the 150mm ones 'Deep Pan', if that helps?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I've just had an answer from a knowledgeable supplier and the taller sided drawers will fit. Replacements ordered.

Note to self - never buy plastic drawers, ever again.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield