Kitchen under-cupboard Ring strip-lighting

I have some strip-lighting from Ring PLC, of Leeds, which has a rather neat way of connecting one light to another, called "Link-up". I'm looking for more units, but unfortunately the supplier in Dublin is not very good at getting new stock.
I'm wondering how widely-used this Ring system is? And if so, what size (length) of light is available? (I phoned Ring in Leeds, but didn't get any useful info - basically, they only deal with distributors, I think. Also they appear to have no helpful web-page.)
--
Timothy Murphy

When I looked for under cupboard lighting most had the ring system. Bought ours from Wicks
AK wrote:

Despite the large number of replies to my query I'm still not completely clear.
There seems to be some confusion between strip-lighting made by Ring PLC, of Leeds, and strip-lighting using the "ring system". Is the latter a well-defined "protocol"? Does it include the actual connectors joining one light to the next? Or does each manufacturer of "ring systems" have his own way of connecting successive strip-lights.
In response to those who suggested various ways of getting "Ring PLC" lights the company in Leeds said that its only agency in Dublin was Woodie's, who in turn say they are out of stock.
--
Timothy Murphy

They have the ring connector system and they even sell the cables separately

agents' as such. I can supply products from Ring plc to anyone, but I'm not an agent of theirs. Try asking around. ..
SJW A.C.S. Ltd.
On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 16:04:42 +0000, Timothy Murphy

Most electrical wholesalers deal with ring. If you could take one of the existing fittings down you can make sure they are the same type etc... ..
SJW A.C.S. Ltd.
Timothy Murphy wrote:

If they're the ones I'm thinking of (and bought) you can get them from Argos, Screwfix and B&Q certainly.
David

Common, try screwfix. But are these tubular filament bulbs, fluorescent, or CFL? Tubular filament bulbs are monstrously energy inefficient, my jaw nearly fell off when I worked out what the eat, dont ever install those. Fluorescent is the modern version but the tubes tend to only come in 'white' which isnt the best shade of white around. halogens have good colour and are way more efficient than tubular filament, being half as efficient as fl.
Probably the best option, if you have 2" to play with, is 5w CFLs, with metal plates mounted close above them to prevent use of large filament bulbs and reflect and dissipate the heat of small ones. If the space isnt there, halogen.
Regards, NT