Kitchen tap leaking.

... But alas, not a nice simple one. It's a type I've never had to fix before. Hot water side developed a fairly sudden leak.

The tap assembly is less than a year old - and a "Tapmate Narran" ( Details here

)

I've unscrewed everything above worktop level and cannot see anything to fix, although inside the collar with the spout removed there's a gritty ring about an inch down which is missing a segment to the right. No idea whether that's design or breakage.

My biggest problem is that the belfast sink has to come out to get to the underside of the tap, and I'd rather not do that until I've got a replacement tap or a clear way of fixing it.

So - how do I fix it please?

(The tap is actually less than a year old so a replacement should be gratis (B&Q are usually ok about that sort of thing))

Reply to
Flash

Stop faffing about and take it back for a refund/replacement.

Each taps looks as if it will be a ceramic 1/4 turn element. When they fail (which TBH isn't often) you replace the entire unit behind the handle. They are handed BTW...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Heh. Yes - that's the option if there isn't a simple fix.

Reply to
Flash

Will the gritty ring be the ceramic disc? The missing segment will be the variable opening?

Reply to
John

some pictures:

John

I don't know, but on removing the sink trap I've found the rest of it there, so it looks like that's the culprit.

Replacing the tap is the easy bit. It's removing the massive belfast sink in front of it that's going to be the challenge, but I'm *really* glad I used non-setting mastic to bed it rather than adhesive or silicon.

Reply to
Flash