kitchen-style worktop support

How much support does a standard kitchen-style chipboard worktop 3m x

600 x 35thick require? Ie how far apart do supports need placing to avoid undue bowing?

Reason for asking is that as much free open space as possible under the work top is required.

BTW It is for a hobby room, not the kitchen.

TIA

Reply to
jim

From experience, if there's no other front-edge stiffening but the other 3 edges rest on battens, at least every 1000mm.

Of course it depends what sort of load you put on top, whether there are any cut-outs etc.

But if you can fix a box-section steel tube (say 50*25mm) screwed at close intervals under the front edge, this is *very much* better.

Reply to
RubberBiker

I did that very job on Thursday in an office. 2.6m length & a 1.6m length in an 'L' shape. I used 38mm x 63mm studwork timber fixed to the walls to support the back edge & four of these adjustable table legs

at 1 metre intervals.

Solid as a rock, passed the FB test with flying colours.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

FB? Fat Bastard?

(if so, that's no way to talk about your mother)

Reply to
Martin Bonner

Correct.

Its me! Although the manager at the place where I did the job made me look slim :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman