Kitchen sockets

/if not, solder. Its not difficult/q

And yet you don't recommend it in your own wiki entry....

Unless 'you've got the skill to do the job properly'.....apparently....

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

/If not:

Mmmm, it'll work but won't the new one(s) look rather out of place being 10 or 19mm prouder than the rest? This thread started about neat installs of kitchen sockets....

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

The ones I have fitted have been fine and never caused me any concern regarding cable strain.

Reply to
ARW

People who wish to cause nail damage cables during an installation.

Reply to
ARW

+1
Reply to
ARW

It's relevant to mine :)

SWMBO wants "metro" tiles - these are rectangular with pronounced bevels all round - as in leading (I guess) 3-4mm deep joints over a couple of cm width.

How do you deal with a socket in those?

No - no silicone allowed and we're not going to tile around the sockets.

A very potentially promising answer is 10mm collars and tile around

*those*. With any luck the socket will not by far proud of the tile surface, have a flat base to sit on and not be buried in grout or gunk.
Reply to
Tim Watts

/A very potentially promising answer is 10mm collars and tile around

*those*. With any luck the socket will not by far proud of the tile surface, have a flat base to sit on and not be buried in grout or gunk. /q

Couldn't you 'one step' this and I use surface mount boxes but not on the surface? (Maybe not with the conduit you *will* be using :-) :-)

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

If there's enough flat face on the tile, taking the bevel into account so t he socket is sitting on the flat face, centre the socket on the tile and cu t a rectangular hole in the centre of the tile, rather than tiling round by cutting pieces out of the edges of tiles.

Or tell SWMBO that public toilets don't usually have sockets anyway ...

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

On Mon, 12 Jan 2015 16:02:19 -0000, Huge wro= te:

eir suppliers suggests about =A370 for a two metre starter kit of track.=

You're using a silly OS that's why.

-- =

"Hi, It's a great day and I'm out enjoying it right now. I hope you are= too. The thought for the day is 'Share the love.'" BEEP. "Um, yeah, hello? This is the VD clinic calling. Your test results are= back and you're positive. Stop sharing the love."

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Is use of screw connector blocks, soldering & crimping of cables not long enough not bleeding obvious on your planet? If you can see a way to improve a wiki article, you can.

Why are your contributions nearly always time wasting?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Unfortunately 2 flaws here - one the tiles are not really big enough and the back boxes are not laid out to suit.

Reply to
Tim Watts

/Is use of screw connector blocks, soldering & crimping of cables not long enough not bleeding obvious on your planet? If you can see a way to improve a wiki article, you can.

Why are your contributions nearly always time wasting?

NT/

Oh practice what you preach (& vice versa) ffs Nigel, it's your article & here you are advocating the opposite again.

Presumably you have actually done this job?

& whose time is being wasted?

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

...more blather & bs.

Reply to
meow2222

stick it up your "armchair expert" wiki

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

No power available there. It's a tiny en-suite, so it doesn't actually matter much where it is.

Reply to
Huge

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Crimps normally fit in the shallow box ok...

Reply to
John Rumm

I take offence on the wiki's behalf ;-)

The electrical sections in particular are the work of a fairly large number of contributors...

Reply to
John Rumm